View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 06:55 PM   #9
TropicFury
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Program setting to increase Torque

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
I'm in CA and my brother-in-law is in IN, and he is an EE who designs these systems for a living, and I had him visit here to enjoy the weather and have drinks with my sister and he spent maybe 10 minutes looking at the settings and tweaked a few things he thought would be good and then went and had dinner/drinks w/friends. So it's 10 minutes of an experts time before he could go have fun on the beach...so evaluate that how you will lol.

One important thing to note about the "max" settings...those are just parameters in an XML file. The "max" RPMs should be 6k, but I spoke with the ICON guy and he's had carts running around at 10k in the factory...that's ideal conditions though and probably on a lift.

My point being is somebody at the factory set extra-safe max limits because golf-cart dealers aren't the always the sharpest with computers. The more I learn, the more I want to start bypassing those limits while closely monitoring the temperature and the current draw...I think those are really the main things to watch closely.

Pull too much current, you can ruin the batteries or the cables can't handle it. Get the motor too hot, well it's fried. So if you're feeling adventurous, give it a shot. My cable is on loan for a few months (my parents) so I haven't been able to tinker lately.

And can you link the wheel spacers you're talking about? I'd like to tighten my suspension up a bit too. Fully loaded w/adults, going around a turn and the thing leans pretty good.

Thanks for the insight Atrain, it's good so many are trying to increase the knowledge for everyone.

Here are the spacers I bought, but you can go with lug based (lug centric?) spacers for maybe half the price. I just like the looks of hub spacers (hub centric?) better.

2 inch Golf Cart Wheel Spacers (4x4 Bolt Pattern, 62mm Bore, 1/2x20 Studs, Cone Seat Nuts) Compatible with many EZ GO EZGO Club Car (Widens Track by 4 inches) 4x101.6 50mm 4pcs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MWHXI5S...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Additionally, I increased my tire psi to 25. It was 20 from.the dealer and had dropped to 18 so quite squishy when loaded. Between the wider stance and 25 psi - it feels better/safer at 25+mph. It looks more aggressive too. The red calipers really stand out on the front.

Also, I talked to an Icon mechanic about increasing the FWD Drive Power setting and he confirmed by increasing the power of the motor with this option, you should see less total runtime. His thought was increasing rpm, torque, power would most likely decrease runtime in varying degrees based on the values changed. So something to keep in mind. Not sure if you noticed less runtime with your setting at 18?
TropicFury is offline   Reply With Quote