View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 09:58 AM   #1
yauponcart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Did lift kit cause controller to die? What are controller options? 95 EZGO 25864G05

Just put a lift kit and tires on my EZGO (22x9/10 tires). Second day out, after about a 2 mile ride, I pressed the accelerator pedal, and the cart slightly lurched and then nothing. Batteries are 4 months old and voltage is fine. I've downloaded the tech manuals and followed troubleshooting steps successfully through step 36 where I have no voltage between B+ and M- with the key on, pedal depressed, in forward.......conclusion is "Replace Controller" I'm very new to this and have questions ...............I hoping for some guidance. Did my lift kit and larger tires put a strain on the controller and cause it to fail? What are my options for a replacement controller without changing anything else? The Curtis controller reads: P/N 25864G05. I've searched for that part number and don't find a lot of info (is this the same as a 1206 ??). Do I need to change to a higher amperage controller, or did this one just bite the dust from normal usage?
yauponcart is offline   Reply With Quote