View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 07:27 PM   #5
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2013 Club Car wanting to do the PQ Assassin motor need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha415 View Post
I have a 2013 Club Car Precedent SN PH1338-400856 with the stock 18x8.5-8 tires. I want to do the PQ assassin motor swap with the additional required components, but I can't seem to get ahold of anyone a PQ for some answers. I have left two messages and an email, but haven't heard anything back. I'm sure they are busy so I though maybe I could get some of my questions answered here so when I do get ahold of them I don't take up too much of their time.

I am new to carts so forgive me if I am asking noobe questions.

I am targeting 40 mph with as much of the sleeper look as possible.

I think I will need the assassin motor, new controller, upgraded cables, and solenoid. Do I also need the heavy duty F&R switch and pot box (what does the pot box do?)

From reading it sound like I really need to consider upgraded brakes if getting to these speeds any recommendations?

Will my 6-8V batteries work for the motor or will I need to increase my voltage?

Can you have a controller to tune down the cart when my wife drives it with this setup?
Dave at Revolution Golf Carts can answer all your questions. He has built a cart that did 57mph. Yes, you should upgrade the brakes and yes you can use the Alltrax XCT controller that allows you to have switchable programs for high speed and ordinary speed. It is switchable on the fly so you can have it programmed for a higher torque setting for hills if you wish.

The batteries will do all this or you can go the whole hog and switch to Lithium. There are plenty of threads on doing that.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote