View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 06:34 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Now that my cart is so fast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetoddjohnson View Post
I got a set from wheelsca. That are awesome. I highly recommend them. I did rears only and they work great. The only problem I had was during the initial bleed when I did the install. I thought the pedal felt soft because I hadn't been able to get all the air out of the system. It turns out the problem was that the brakes are so strong that they were bending the bracket that mounts the master cylinder to the frame of the cart. No regrets at all and from now on every set of brakes I buy will be from wheelsca.

TJ
We used to sell these kits. The Carts Unlimited flag cart was the first 4 wheel install for them... followed closely by my workhorse. We too struggled with the bleeding. Our customers had so much trouble we eventually tagged the kit 'advanced' hoping to discourage some sales. Eventually the tech support outweighed the profit and we had to stop selling them.
The Ausco cable operated disc brake kit is more installer friendly. The wet system combined with the very small lines was too much challenge for the average cart enthusiast. Plus the Ausco kit costs about half as much.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brocks_cart.jpg (97.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg img_1772 (2).jpg (299.7 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote