View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 06:49 AM   #9
Toplsvette
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lead acid battery conversion to lipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
What other info do you have on the cells, like max "C" discharge ratings? how many could fit? Having a safe way to charge them, ensure cell balance, prevent over-discharge? Do you have some experience with lithium cells, and what they require to not burn?

Lithiums "sag" far less than lead batts under max load, and an Alltrax 650 would kick some A** on those at 48v!
Thanx again for the great info. I will ask about the (c) rating on the cells. I am just learning about the lipo batteries and am familiar with electrical stuff. Clean power auto makes a mini bms that is affordable for what I am doing. It will protect the cells from overcharge and from over discharge. It also is connected to the charger to balance the cells. You can connect as many modules as you want to get what voltage you need. These are the same modules they use on a Nissan leaf car which is a 144 volt sys. I am going to go ahead and make it a 48v sys. I believe the only thing I need to change would be the solenoid. Should I change the f-r switch. I already have 2ga wires on the cart now. Only thing left is to send the motor to plum quick and it should be a decent cart.
Toplsvette is offline   Reply With Quote