Thread: Billet Flywheel
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #10
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Billet Flywheel

Sweet, now you have to tell me what mods worked, having a hard time finding out what to do for these since the karts all run higher rpm than we do with a CVT. One guy said run stock cam another said torque cam. But if you do a cam then you have to near do it all, rod, flywheel, valvetrain parts, lots of $$$. So far I figure cut the head .050 will run on regular yet, advance the timing was told 4-6 degrees, would like a different carb this stock one has partial throttle mixture issues plus I could move the carb to face the rear away from shock. Think I will get a header and hook quiet car muffler to that. Flywheel is expensive unless you are saying it really helps, pretty sure I will still use stock generator starting. Not sure on valve springs but this stock one lays down at same rpm stock G9 does not sure if its float or timing/etc. The way I figure it I need to keep power as low as 2500rpm. I also plan to port the head a little they say there are ugly cutter marks in there get rid of those. Not sure much headwork would help with stock cam. Also have read about people using an 11hp head maybe they are higher comp? LOL, sorry to unload.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote