View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 07:57 PM   #1
Navyterp
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Turn Signal Module overheating on an RXV

Hello.. first time poster here and a newbie to the gold cart world. So I made the bone head mistake of draining my batteries today driving around but luckily there was enough juice to make it back to the house. But I assume the batteries were almost dead... I went ahead and plugged in the charger (It's a Lester). I noticed as the battery was charging the turn signal module attached to the steering column was very hot to the touch and smoke was trickling out of it. I also saw I left the turn signal on not that it would do anything because the batteries were almost drained. So I unplugged the battery and the module began to cool down and I also noticed the wire bundle that ran down the steering column was also very warm. Is it possible that something shorted? Once the module cooled down I plugged the charging cord back in and it began to overheat again. At this point I assume the batteries won't be getting charged anytime soon until I can figure out the issue, I'm worried about a fire hazard. It's never done this before in the short time I've owned it I'm seriously stumped. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated if I can't isolate it I'll probably call someone to take a look at it to be on the safe side.

Thanks!
Navyterp is offline   Reply With Quote