View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 07:03 AM   #10
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Clutch And Gearing Adjustments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster59 View Post
The drive clutch is the VC 780R that came with the 625 engine kit. It engages at around 1700-1800. It seems like the secondary starts to shift at about 23-2500 which is fine if all I did was street riding. But I do a lot of slow speed driving at 5-8 mph. At the 8 mph mark it really starts to want to shift into high gear. Per my seat of the pants guess. I would rather see it wait until after 10-11 mph.
Oh I misunderstood, I thought you said the clutches were original.

Ok so we are dealing with the secondary then. Invest the money in an EZGO performance secondary. I had a TXT and used the heavy spring in the stock clutch, no good. It was way too stiff. It wouldn't shift at all until you rev it up past 3k. I switched to the performance clutch, much much better. There are also different springs you can get, as well as clock positions on the clutch for the spring preload as Ray suggested. It's not the same as the Yamaha clutches and the spring is way more difficult to deal with. But the idea is the same.

What you want is for the engine to rev up more before shifting correct? A performance clutch will do this.

Did you talk to Aaron about your dilemma? I'm certain they have run into this before and likely know exactly what you need.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote