View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 09:18 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: predator 670 vs vc460

My 420 spins the tires, though the v-twins are said to come out of the hole harder from a dead stop because of the torque. But the clone will wind out for some speed and the twin needs some parts to do that. Even with a few bolt ons and stock block and internals I have hit 38gps on my G9 with 22s, its well over 5K rpm. But I don't dare do more without a rod and some other parts, even those are maybe 300 so I'm still at half or less what a new stock vanguard costs. The 460 already has that stuff depending on what one you get.

On the other hand it depends on your use. A stock twin may not be that fast but they have lots of power, you could run with HS gears that gives you more mph and with a lift (and 22s or larger) they roll pretty nice. Some have used subaru 25hp and kaw 27/29hp like this. Soon you will see rev kits for the clone twins, that will help some. But still with lift and gears you will get some speed. The twin can pull gears no problem.

If you want rpm you will have to spendy for a built vanny/kohler/kaw or go clone. The honda gx390 was raced in karts a lot, tons of parts for them and the clone (most of them) the parts all fit. That said they often say over 30hp you risk breaking the clone block in half, this does not include the Vegas block this is the plain 420 block and similar. They use honda 390 blocks to build more power they are stronger, and now some of those guys are buying Vegas blocks lol.

You can also get 60hp out of the Big vanny 31/35hp block check out Alpha carts, and their videos on u-tube, but again they are not cheap.

All these engines work well in a cart just one is better at this or that, one is more easily modified, one makes more power modified, one is cheaper, etc.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote