View Single Post
Old 07-22-2021, 10:32 AM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Reverse No Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by A/C-SuperCool View Post
It is the indeed the DCS model. I'm suspecting the controller at this point. The relay is engaging & I can hear a slight pulsation somewhere, but I can't pin point it & the cart does not move. However as I mentioned before I do get a voltage drop on my dash gauge.

What would I do to test the controller is in fact getting the voltage it needs to power forward? And what terminals at the motor should have voltage? I'm trying to figure out what's the power in/power out of the controller when in forward.

Thanks
The voltage between A1(-) and A2 (+) will be about 0V when pedal is pushed just far enough to make solenoid click and will increase to full battery pack voltage as pedal is pushed to the floor.

The voltage between F1 and F2 will likely be about 20V since the field mapping ought to be calling for high field amps when starting and might get down to 5V or less as motor spins faster. F1 will be "-" when one direction is selected and "+" when the other direction is selected.

Attached are two drawings of a generic sepex controller using a H-bridge to feed the field windings showing amp flow in F and in R.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sepex-in Forward.jpg (129.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Sepex-in Reverse.jpg (129.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote