View Single Post
Old 11-25-2021, 01:43 AM   #3
JenniferG
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1988 Marathon Piston Pin

Thank you so much for answering! You’re awesome. I had removed the snap rings and I will try what you suggested to get the pin out. And that is the gasket I was referring to.

As for the chunk off the piston and piston ring pieces, that’s something that hadn’t occurred to me and am grateful for that advise as well.

I actually bought crankshaft bearings and seals prior to having any major problems with the engine because of what I’ve read in various posts I came across throughout the years. Wanted to have them on hand just in case. Makes perfect sense to put them in while I have the engine apart so that’s what I’ll do.

As for putting the piston back on, I have read your advice to others on that subject time and time again and have even taken notes on it so I don’t have to try to figure out which post I saw that information in. If I put the piston with the window facing the wrong direction or the bevel side down instead of up, or anything else to screw it up, it won’t be anyone’s fault but my own!

Your help and knowledge are very much appreciated!
JenniferG is offline   Reply With Quote