View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 05:48 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Scottyb bought a Yamaha

Removed the rear seat. That was pretty simple.
I removed the access cover and realized we weren't going to get any clean pretty install pictures - lol !
I was about to tag the cables when I saw clear markings on all OEM cables and darn few small wires that were clearly colored red and black on the solenoid activation posts. So, I flipped the Run/Tow switch and grabbed a few sockets and small Makita nut driver.

I was immediately impressed with how easy it was to remove the original Moric control and solenoid. I wish I could say the same for the Alltrax install but is was not without a few small challenges. Nothing serious but certainly a bit harder than any Ezgo install. But there was no cutting or drilling needed for 400/200 combo which makes it easier than the Club Car.

I selected a 400a XCT controller and added the fan kit. I used the SW180 200/800 amp Solenoid with magnetic blowouts. Magnetic blowout extends the life of the solenoid significantly. Any solenoid with magnetic blowouts has a big terminal marked + and the main battery cable must land on the + terminal.
Previously I posted pics of the OEM set up so here are some pics of their removal. The main harness unplugs and so do F1 and F2. Then a few 10mm bolts and all the cables come off.... then 10 & 13mm for the Solenoid terminals. This took about 5 minutes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0097.jpg (98.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0106.jpg (104.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0107.jpg (76.6 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote