View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 08:05 AM   #8
AndyT
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: need help with my ez-go golf cart

Tammara, does your charger buzz REALLY LOUD? (Not just a hummm).

When I first got my cart the guy said the batteries were less than a year old, and it ran fine. When we got it home a fresh charge would only last about 15 minutes, then I had to go tow it home. Shelled out about $400 for another battery pack, and got the same results. Charged the batteries 2 at a time with 12V charger, and the cart ran for hours. (Just took a couple of days to recharge 3 pairs.)

Bottom line, it was a $15 diode in the charger (old Lestermatic with timer). Turns out the guy we bought it from had a second cart, and he alternated which cart was plugged-in to the charger (he used the newer of the two, and gave us the older one with the cart).

If you think this may be your problem, PLEASE have it done by someone qualified and knowledgeable of the electronics in there. The high current circuits inside the charger are DANGEROUS and we want to see you back here.

Addendum:
Also if you determine it is a diode, may as well replace both at the same time. (I wish I had.) Saves on shipping and labor, and whatever damaged one diode may have affected the other and it is probably stressed too.

Last edited by AndyT; 11-22-2007 at 08:11 AM.. Reason: Addendum
AndyT is offline   Reply With Quote