View Single Post
Old 11-21-2022, 06:57 AM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: So..Who's selling a good BMS system for a 48V Lithium Ion Leaf pack?

Thanks Pat.

I did send Ian an email. I just responded to one of his old support emails he sent me hoping it would not get tossed into his junk mail. Plus, it had his order # on it.

But I just now hit the link you provided and sent an inquiry to him.

The Monitor is not "required" for the BMS to work. However, it's very convent accessory to have so I don't have to check cell voltages with a MM. The settings in the BMS are "locked in" so nothing is going to change.

Odd thing is just before the screen got wonky, I changed the pack voltage from 57V to 56V and the "full voltage" from 56V to 55V. I did this because of the pack charge going up to 57.5V....over what my setting was.

I also searched for a replacement screen as Ian had "published" the data for his build. I've found what looks like a replacement....but the voltages are different that what Ian stated in his data. I'm not a programmer ....nor do I want to be.

I'll give Ian some time to respond. If he does, that will help me make a decision. If he doesn't, that will also "force" me to make a decision.

I appreciate your help in providing advice. I know that there isn't much that can be done unless Ian or some other tech engineer provides "dummy down" direction. I really don't want to swap out the BMS. OTOH, I doubt it will be to difficult as I have everything wired. It would be the CANbus settings for my existing charger that may be the biggest hurdle...thus requiring a new charger if a replacement BMS does not have CANbus.

For now....the pack is good. When I did this build back in 2018, I know that "Chargery" was a big consideration vs the ZEVA. But I did a quick search and Chargery seems to have dropped off the planet as well. I'm guessing the new drop in packs have had their economic effect.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote