View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 01:52 PM   #20
Spenda864
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Star Sirius cart owners out there...please chime in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolpilot44 View Post
Ive owned my 2021 Sirius Lifted 2+2 for a few months of heavy use now and could say its an OK cart. Not bad, not awesome but ok. Build quality is average. I purchased it to ride it hard on dirt trails and get around the neighborhood as it seemed to offer a better suspension setup than competitors. We also live in a heavy cart traffic community and its been fantastic for getting around.
Pros:
1: Great suspension
2: Decent storage
3: Turn signals with indicator lights so we dont leave them on
Cons:
1: VERY VERY VERY Squeaky top. Ill need to disassemble it and add bushings EVERYWHERE!!! If youre listening Star EV fix this!!! Super annoying
2: Main display is waaaaaaaay too bright at night. Needs a dimming option
3: Seat belts are a pain and lock up the moment you stop pulling it out forcing you to retract it and start over.
4: Steering on lifted model feels like crap and also requires a larger steering wheel. This is me nit picking but still should have included a larger wheel from the factory.
5: Turn signals "sometimes" self cancel after a turn. The entire steering assembly needs a rework. Way too wobbly on bumps.
6: Front trunk latch is very cheap and will break in first week of use.
7: Brake pedal too narrow. Its far too easy to lock up the parking brake during normal braking.
Nit picking a bit, maybe. But for the price of a new car it should be much better. Feels cheap. FWIW i replaced lead batteries for a new Roypow 105ah performance lithium pack and it hauls a**. 36mph downhill and 32ish level all day long. Well worth the investment. Would I buy one again knowing what I know now...yes simply because the competition is worse for my needs :)
I know this is an old thread, but the bolded part of your message interested me. I have a 2021 six seater Sirius. I like it pretty well, but have had to get the dealer to fix a few things...and you are 100% right about the squeaky roof. So, back to the bolded section. My cart is an LSV and I operate it all over town. I wish I had more speed. I really wish I had more speed on the up hills as I live in a fairly hilly area. Did changing the batteries really make that much of a difference? Was the change related to the weight reduction mostly? Thanks in advance!
Spenda864 is offline   Reply With Quote