View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 02:25 PM   #30
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Electric Moke, need more speed

Yup. It's been a while so forgive me. But *I think* the original "Motor Maximum Speed Limit" (RPM limit) was 4950. I changed that to 6250.

The Moke started at 25mph and I ended up with 31mph at 6250 rpm. I know the controller will let you set the RPM limit to any value up to 9,000 rpm. Initially I set the limit at 6,000 but after doing a lot of reading online I found a site claiming the max motor RPM was 6,250. I do not recommend going above that but it's your car so it's up to you.

I know the speed limit it originally had for me was 25mph. Did you change to larger tires to get 27? In Florida the law for a LSV registered vehicle limits it to 25mph as the max speed so I wasn't surprised to see the Moke limit was also 25. Of course, after the dealer sells the LSV we do whatever we want to get whatever speed we want.

As I've said above, do be careful. These controllers seem to be more delicate than a regular Alltrax or Navitas golf cart controller. I no longer add/increase regen or increase the accel. The only thing I change anymore is the RPM limit.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote