View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 08:17 AM   #17
AlgoTrdr
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Star Sirius cart owners out there...please chime in here

Thanks poolpilot44. Very useful summary. I'm considering buying a 2022 Sirius 2+2. It seems to be one of the few LSVs that comes with a factory warranty--most of the others like Club Car, etc., need dealer-installed parts that void the factory warranty. Did this factor into your decision to buy the Sirius or am I overestimating the value of the factory warranty?

Also, should I ask the dealer to install bushings on the top to fix squeak? Is that something they normally do? Do you think the seat belt problem is unique to your vehicle or is it like that on all Sirius's?

Thanks for any feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolpilot44 View Post
Ive owned my 2021 Sirius Lifted 2+2 for a few months of heavy use now and could say its an OK cart. Not bad, not awesome but ok. Build quality is average. I purchased it to ride it hard on dirt trails and get around the neighborhood as it seemed to offer a better suspension setup than competitors. We also live in a heavy cart traffic community and its been fantastic for getting around.
Pros:
1: Great suspension
2: Decent storage
3: Turn signals with indicator lights so we dont leave them on
Cons:
1: VERY VERY VERY Squeaky top. Ill need to disassemble it and add bushings EVERYWHERE!!! If youre listening Star EV fix this!!! Super annoying
2: Main display is waaaaaaaay too bright at night. Needs a dimming option
3: Seat belts are a pain and lock up the moment you stop pulling it out forcing you to retract it and start over.
4: Steering on lifted model feels like crap and also requires a larger steering wheel. This is me nit picking but still should have included a larger wheel from the factory.
5: Turn signals "sometimes" self cancel after a turn. The entire steering assembly needs a rework. Way too wobbly on bumps.
6: Front trunk latch is very cheap and will break in first week of use.
7: Brake pedal too narrow. Its far too easy to lock up the parking brake during normal braking.
Nit picking a bit, maybe. But for the price of a new car it should be much better. Feels cheap. FWIW i replaced lead batteries for a new Roypow 105ah performance lithium pack and it hauls a**. 36mph downhill and 32ish level all day long. Well worth the investment. Would I buy one again knowing what I know now...yes simply because the competition is worse for my needs :)
AlgoTrdr is offline   Reply With Quote