View Single Post
Old 05-25-2021, 09:03 AM   #5
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2012 Mule KAF620M electrical assistance

Thank you all for the replies!

I didn't catch that the RED lead from this factory crimped section in the picture is for an optional alternator. The fact it was cut leads me to guess a previous owner used that for an accessory no longer installed.
The fan fuse is good. What got me to this point was that the Radiator fan relay was not operating. If you trace BL/R from the + side you'll see that it goes directly to the fan relay, which then competes the circut to the BL on the breaker.... then back to the fan....
No the mule will not start without this BL/R, W, R bundle attached to any location but battery - .
I replaced the water temp sensor first when i found out the engine was getting hot and the fan wasn't running as designed... seemed like a logical failure at the time and easy fix; after I verified that the fan, water pump, and thermostat worked.
I checked all fuses is fuse box 1 and 2 and they're good.
Further investigation is warranted to identify if there's another wrongly placed or cut wire.
I should also qualify what i mean by not starting.... there is no cranking of the starter. So turn the key and i hear what sounds like the fuel pump but there's no engagement of the starter.
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote