View Single Post
Old 05-25-2021, 03:06 AM   #4
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2012 Mule KAF620M electrical assistance

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougs_huntingcart View Post
If you look at pp1 of the schematic at the battery, I found that BL/R, W , R (which are factory attached to each other R ) were hooked up to the bat - !

Couple side notes... the cart now will not start. If I move the connection BL/R, W , R back to bat - it will run.

Regarding those wires, If you look at the diagram closely, it appears that they are again for optional accessories. If you look at the second page you will see a list of accessories that are numbered. The alternator is accessory No 10, then if you follow those other wires at the optional alternator, you will find them going to optional item No 9 which appears to be a cargo bed light? and the fusible link for the alternator is optional item No 11. If this alternator is not fitted, then these wires would appear to be redundent.

Will the engine start if you take these wires completely off the battery? If so, i would trace the BL/r and W wires to see if they connect to anything the other end. I dont see why attaching it to the -ve terminal allows the engine to start and connecting to the +ve terminal stops the engine starting considering they should be on the +ve according to the diagram. Maybe the other ends are disconnected and shorting out on something? This is something you may have to investigate as i cant really pop over to take a look LOL. If you disconnect them and everything else works properly and the battery is charging then i think you are good to go.

going back to the fan, i would check the breaker for continuity, then check the relay is good. If they are, i would get the engine up to temperature and see if the signal from the ecu is feeding the relay when hot. If no signal from the ecu, then we need to find the engine temp sender and check that. If all else fails, hardwire the fan to an ignition controlled live until you find the problem. dont leave it like this too long as a cool running engine is not a good thing!

[ EDIT ]
Looking again at the diagram, it looks like the fan temp sensor is designated as "water temperature sensor " on the second page, last item, top right of the page, connected to an orange wire and a ? brown/black . I cant remember if this is mounted on the engine or in a hose adapter like some cushmans are. Hope this helps you trace out the problem. I think If you bridge the sensor connector with the ignition on, the fan should run. If it does, then the ECU, Relay and breaker must be good and the sensor is the probable cause of the fan not running. If not, then suspect one or other of the rest of the components or associated wiring.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote