View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 08:12 AM   #1
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2012 Mule KAF620M electrical assistance

I purchased this 2012 Mule 4010 (KAF620) which runs well except the radiator fan would not turn on. So I removed the front body to be able to get a better look at things, especially since it's my first Mule. I hooked up 12v to fan and it worked, therefore started tracing wires with help of schematic (attached).

If you look at pp1 of the schematic at the battery, I found that BL/R, W , R (which are factory attached to each other R ) were hooked up to the bat - !

So I found a smoking gun and moved to bat + but noticed that previous owner cut the R lead from this connection. Knowing that the cart ran (and I just replaced the starter) I knew that I had a good R to the starter but the schematic shows I should have a 50A fuse (which I don't) with R that heads to the alternator.... which leads me to my question/ seeking reassurance....

trying to get a pic of this elusive 50A fuse mounting location and then the subsequent connection to the alternator.

Couple side notes... the cart now will not start. If I move the connection BL/R, W , R back to bat - it will run.
All installed fuses are good
When I turn the key, the EPS light up for a second..... probably because there's an alternator voltage issue, LOL . I am hoping that properly hooking up these connections, I'll be in business.... I can only hope !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210523_200858.jpg (205.0 KB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf mule schematic.pdf (390.3 KB, 0 views)
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote