View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 09:00 AM   #6
cwayaustx
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 72v motor in a 60v system? Keyway VS. Spline?

Not knowing anything about the cart you would want to verify a few things.
1.Is your rearend input shaft he same size as an ezgo's and does motor bolt up the same? i would pull the motor and take it to a local cart shop for comparison of you could take some pictures and measurements of the motor shaft and I'm sure we could help you on that. If it's not the same shaft then you could always find a used rearend from a cart shop.
2. What type of throttle input does your cart provide to controller?
Hopefully it's not some off the wall signal, an alltrax will work with common inputs. If you had to you could install a pb6.

3.If you have an AC system you would be downgrading if you went to a DC setup but like you, I doubt it, unless it's a very cheap and weak system you would have outstanding performance. If it's an AC you should have three large power cables going to motor terminals then probably some smaller wires for controls.

All that being said, yes, if an ezgo motor will bolt up to your rear end or you can get a used one and your throttle input works you would love the performance of a 500 amp controller with a 48v torque motor @60v. Your controller will need to be rated for 72v also so for your budget the 72v 450-500amp will probably be your best choice.
cwayaustx is offline   Reply With Quote