View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 07:40 AM   #5
rayhaque
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: 72v motor in a 60v system? Keyway VS. Spline?

Hi all, thanks for the feedback.

The cart is a "Massimo Jonway MSE-220". Nobody is really sure what that means exactly. It is branded as a Zap Urbee, but Zap never officially imported these vehicles to the USA. It *looks like* a Mullen Motors 100e or an Atomic Electric "Super Sport". But in talking with those guys and looking over the specs, these are all different vehicles.

What I have is either a test vehicle, or a knock-off. At any rate, I believe there were a very small number of them imported to the USA and sold off at auctions.

I have put a blog together to share some videos, pictures, and some fun stories: http://zapurbee.blogspot.com/

I was not familiar with D&D but I received a marketing blast email from them last week. I sent their engineers some pictures of my setup, but he seemed to think I have an AC motor. I need to get back in touch with them. But I am positive it's a DC (no pun intended) because I have positive and negative poles, but also because the specifications say so.

So, a splined 48v motor and an Alltrax 500w? $1k is about the budget that I had expected for this job.
rayhaque is offline   Reply With Quote