View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 08:54 PM   #6
NickS
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Hunting Buggie Help

Once you buy an upgraded motor, and controller, you should have enough to get around well. I think you can upgrade these electric carts well enough to get around good on some pretty tough terrain. I wouldn't really go "looking" for mud in one of these things, but you should be fine. There are even some 4x4 conversion kits out there also. I'm in the process of making a hunting cart out of mine also. Most say that I am building it on the wrong platform of a cart (PDS), but I got it so cheap....only time will tell. I won't be climbing walls or anything with mine though. There is a field behind my neighborhood with some steeper ditches that I test mine sometimes, and it holds up well, even with this speed chip. I have a steep hill chip that I plan on running in it when I am hunting. Everything (f/r switch, controller, motor) on mine is stock, and it has a utility bed, 23" tires, and a 6" lift on it.

But I agree with you on the price tag of the other "hunting" carts out there. I know some people are looking for electric, but for that much money, I'm buying a Ranger or a Mule.
NickS is offline   Reply With Quote