View Single Post
Old 12-16-2022, 10:36 PM   #4
Beerdude77
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Extreme Team belly up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Well that’s unfortunate for anyone that has purchased any of their products. You weren’t to know when you purchased so don’t beat yourself up over it.

Are you having problems with your “crappy” battery Beerdude, or is it working well for you. If it’s working, chances are it will continue to work. If something fails then it will most likely be the BMS, an easy and relatively cheap fix, so all is not lost.

Cheers
Pat.
I had issues with the BMS shutting the pack down in the upper 50's fahrenheit last Fall right after getting it. After a lot of hassling I finally got them to send me a new BMS and got it installed last Summer (even though the battery ran good once temps were reliably above 63*F. At their suggestion I had bought a battery heater wrap and would warm the battery up in temps that were starting in the 50's. It would work fine in the very short runs I made using that technique. Over the Summer I replaced the BMS they provided that was supposed to end the temp issues. Well, once Fall came I started having the same issues in temps around upper 50's. I began using the battery heater again and had no issues for a few short runs but I still couldn't use the cart as much as I wanted since i feared it shutting off and stranding the family.
Beerdude77 is offline   Reply With Quote