View Single Post
Old 09-02-2022, 07:14 AM   #27
aberk
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2011 Bagged TXT Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
In following your thread (very impressive BTW) I'm looking specifically at the rear setup. From what I can tell....unless I didn't see it right...is you cut the rear leaf springs, and just have the connection of the leaf springs to the front set of bushings?

So, if I'm seeing this right, your rear suspension is from the air shocks, and I would assume you have a longer travel than the stock leaf spring suspension.

So, if I'm right on that one, how do you keep the rear end from doing any side-to-side sway?

And if I missed something......I do that more and more as I get older!!
You pretty much summed the setup accurately. I havent noticed too much sway. This is my first cart and I pretty much dove right in to the mods so I don't have a good basis for comparison to a cart with fully connected springs. I also really only ride around with my wife, but will soon have a couple of heavy friends on the back that may exacerbate what sway is there.

At the very least, I want to upgrade to polymer bushings because the rubber ones are pretty worn out.

I think I notice more body roll because the air shocks are T'd together so air moves from one side to the other pretty easily.
aberk is offline   Reply With Quote