View Single Post
Old 07-11-2022, 03:01 PM   #15
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: 89 Columbia Restoration; Sentimental Version

SOB man. So sorry to hear about the daughter. SOB again. I hope you are doing ok.

Not that carts matter after that but I am very surprised about the 2 / 3 ring information. Not sure why they would be channeled for 3 rings but only use 2, particularly when the 80s ones had 3 for sure. Who knows. I would bet that those pistons were used in other non-cart applications that needed 3 rings. For sure, a lot of the parts that Columbia used can be found in multiple other machines ie. tractors, other cart brands (mainly EZ Go), and other things.

The oblong crank end in the 95 is somewhat stunning as well. Just this past Memorial Day a guy trailered a '92 to my camp property and asked me how to replace his failed ignition module. I took the points plate off, saw his round crank end and told him that he needed to split the case and replace the crank end. He told me he didn't want it anymore and offered to sell it to me (this happens quite a bit). I am carted out at the moment and sent him on his way, though.

I am on a hold with the restoration of my parents' cart. I just have too many other irons in the fire right now. Summers are tough.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote