View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 06:19 PM   #8
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: older g2 running help

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcustoms View Post
hey guys i thought that the relay was the problem. I ordered a new one slapped it in and still nothing. I don't understand still have power everywhere. BUt when i push the pedal in still nothing. When i touch both studes with a plyers it sparks and the starter starts to move. Any ideas
Take a volt meter...Test the small black wire on the solenoid/relay, You should have battery voltage all the time, if not a bad ground situation (most likley the wire harness). Test the small red lead to the solenoid, when you push on the accelerator, you should have 12 volts and the solenoid would energize letting current flow to the starter. Now if you have ground all the time, but no voltage at the red wire, go to you "accelerator stop switch", you should have a brown and a red/white wire. Test voltage at the brown wire (on the wire harness side) if not 12 volt you have a battery/fuse/key switch or wire harness failure. Thats the "flow" from the battery to the accelerator stop switch. Hope this helped. Later Dave

Last edited by smallblock450sl; 05-14-2008 at 06:21 PM.. Reason: bad spelling
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote