View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 09:48 PM   #12
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: EPIC amp ATV

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotdane View Post
How are you managing battery charging? I only have experience with RC stuff where 6s is common and 12s is huge and everything is 1p.
I have a few different options. Current charger i have will charge 2 99v im planning on using a Chinese bms to prevent over discharge/over charge and ballance. They make them in just about every configuration imaginable. I have one for 20s right now and plan to use that and a 0-30vpower supply to charge the remaining modules until I decide what I want to do. Eventually I'll have 36 gen 2 leaf modules. I may do up to 36s2p or go less voltage but more ah with 24s3p.

If the extra voltage helps with efficiency and speed that will be the route I go. How ever it might take some time to get there. Its going to be an expensive venture ill have about 2k in a controller and charger. Idk about a bms that might get expensive too. I want to look into using multiple 10s bms boards rather than 1 board having to be able to hold 150v. Idk if there are any draw backs to that or any reason I shouldn't. Need to investigate that a bit more.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote