View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 08:28 AM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EnerSys Genesis XE70X?

Golf Cart batteries are built differently than other batteries. They can handle deep discharges better, but the voltage will sag while under high loads. I do not know how the Genesis batteries are made. I'm going to assume they are built like golf cart batteries, which is probably not true. So the below is likely a best-case scenario.

I just looked at the Trojan website and the golf cart batteries they have range from 210ah to 260ah at the 20 hour rate. 225 is the standard T-105.

The short answer is 68ah is less than a 3rd of the capacity of T-105s. But the other part of the equation is longevity and lead acid batteries like to be charged. So if you only have (guessing) a 5 mile range, after 5 miles your cart will be dead and the batteries in bad need of a charge. On Trojans you may have an 18 mile range so a 5 mile jaunt isn't going to task the Trojan batteries. You'll still want to plug them back in when you get home but they won't age as quickly.

Trojans with excellent care and excellent maintenance can last 5 years, maybe a little more, depending.

So, yes, energy is energy but these have much less capacity so your range is short and these will age and die sooner than a set of purpose built Golf Cart batteries.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote