View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 07:01 PM   #1
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

Default Steering problems after 6" lift and extension plate

My 01 Club Car is having problems steering after I installed a 6" lift kit and 2" extension plate from LA Concepts. Problems include:
1. The steering is extremely tight, I checked the torque on all the bolts, greased the front end and it still feels like a car with power steering but the engine off.
2. The steering to the right is limited due to the 2" extension plate I have installed in addition to the lift which moves the front end forward. You have to flip the control arms over and so now the shock mounts on the opposite side. The spindle steering bracket now hits the shock nut limiting the steering towards the right. Is this normal?
3. Tie rod is so close to the frame rails it was bending the rod before I added the spacers.

Here are a few pictures of the front end. Does anybody know why it is like this?

Good range of steering to the left.

Horrible steering to the right.

Close tie rod rubs on frame.

Added spacers to prevent the rod from bending over the frame when nobody was in the cart.

Spindle steering bracket hitting the lower shock mount when turned to the right.

No apparent bends in the factory suspension components that I can see that would cause these wacky problems.

Frame looks perfectly straight.
Xtreme Cartz is offline   Reply With Quote