View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 02:39 PM   #1
UroGator
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default LiTESeasy all LED street legal light kit review

Ok. I'm opening up a new thread about this neat light kit I have installed on my cart. This kit is made by Tecscan. It contains an all LED light bar in front with turn signals and an all LED light bar in back with brake lights and turn signals. It also has a horn. According to the inventor of the kit (nice guy to talk to on the phone) it draws only 4 watts of power for front and rear lights. I haven't tested the actual wattage draw, but I have never noticed any significant drop in run time with this kit on at night.

I was initially concerned about how bright a 4 watt LED bar can get and was very skeptical that it would be sufficient for headlight lighting purposes, but I can assure you, that this is sufficient for lighting the pathway front of my cart going 30 mph.

The neatest part about the kit is the accelerometer. The brakes work when it detects the cart is slowing down and it turns the brake lights on for 10 seconds. This is all done in the central brain unit mounted by the batteries. Install is easy and took me about an hour

There is a wireless control module that is steering wheel mounted and controls all functions. There is even an accessory button to turn on some other accessory you may have.

One version ofnthe kit that is sold contains a 12v DC reducer for those running 48v. He says that this is not necessary for 36v carts as the power draw is so minimal. But if you like, you can still use it. I don't know the specifics behind the reducer, but it is supposedly >90% efficient (differing from most others in the market) and does not dissipate energy as heat to reduce voltage to 12v. It is good for 25 amps and this is supposed to be enough to run lights and stereo.

As a disclaimer, I have no relationship with this company or inventor. I'm just a happy and satisfied customer.

Here are some pics of the kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UroGator is offline   Reply With Quote