View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 02:41 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Throttle linkage

You can do it with geometry, but not as easy lol. You would look up the formula to give you the long side of a right triangle (90 degrees) with equal short legs, put that into an excel formula, then you can just punch in how far you need it to move and it would solve it for you....tell you the distance from the fulcrum/pivot you need to be for X travel of your cable. But its easy to just use paper and measure it quick, you can design it in a minute just have to figure out where to put it and how to hook the cables up. Then drill some extra holes in it close together so when its not perfect you can adjust it up/down a little. When I did that one I held the lever there with my fingers and flipped it back and forth holding a rule next to it, then tried it with the cable and carb to verify, marked it and drilled the holes in it. The bolt for the throttle lever is on the back side of the plate, so maybe 1.5" behind the front of that plate. I think thats 1.5" x 1/8 plate or maybe 2. Lever is .5" x 1/8".

I had a job where I had to stand on the ground and tell you how tall something like a building was, and I didn't have to move to do it with the help of a couple tools. Its all about angles and geometry, but if you don't use it you don't have much reason to remember it. A carpenter could figure it out I bet, they use angles a lot, more than I did. Glad I can help we can't have a carb not opening all the way lol.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote