View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 07:58 AM   #1
the rabid golfer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Exclamation 2009 GAS RVX Speed PLEASE!

Note here: I'm speaking of a Gas cart with the Kawasaki 13HP engine.

I have now spent considerable time & effort in attempts to understand how to get more speed out of my recently purchased cart. I'm seeing a lot of info regarding changing the rear gears to a lower ratio HOWEVER I'm pretty technical and have found that the 2008+ RXV are using a Fuji Transaxle (EZGO # 606423) and everybody is talking about gears for the "Dana" rear end used prior to 2008.

Has anyone torn apart the "Fuji" rear end to change gears to a lower ratio? I'm getting nowhere with the EZGO Dealers as they don't want to open a "liability issue".

I'm also reading a bunch about changing the clutch from a 36degree to a lower arc to increase torque. But I am guessing that torque shouldn't affect top speed.

I'm also listening to stories concerning spring tension on the transaxle governor but I have tried the trick of a cable tie through the spring and while I'm getting more forced RPM's, I'm still not getting ground speed.

I'm not looking to do 40mph but l'd like to get it above 20mph.

Anyone with some specific "...I did this to my RXV..." experience would be greatly appreciated.

Jim
the rabid golfer is offline   Reply With Quote