View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 11:22 AM   #5
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Mid 2000 TXT revs high and smokes

Some 91's and 92's came with no rev limiter built inside of ignitors. I believe 99% of all ezgo 4 cycle engines had limiters. I don't think you could tell one from the other .

I guess it might be possible that connecting the battery cables incorrect could have messed up the internal rev limiter built inside of ignitor. It would be nice if you had a known good one you could try and see.

I am not sure you would see 8000 rpm's and the engine not come apart. The Rev-Limiter should make the cart shutter at around 4200 rpms' but I don't even like to take a chance and see that high.

These engines are low rpm's engines. They were designed from factory to run from 12 to 15 mph.

The governor inside differential have been known to stick from seal leaking and moisture getting inside. I have been able to make them work by working them back and forth .

I have had to remove the complete unit out and putting some good penetrating oil in them. They don't move far. You can feel with you hand if they are working. With nothing connected they will spring back when you move them.
trig123 is online now   Reply With Quote