View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 08:17 AM   #9
sutclifc
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart sounds like loose golf balls in rear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Uh-Uo, see my other post about "white tag" team axle. and associated gear hardness problem, bad news if you have a "white tag" , But problem solved in newer blue or green tag. If they only tightened the hubs and didnt fix the problem, i doubt they opened the axle to inspect the gears (the only true way to inspect them, requires removing the axle, splitting it in half, then reinstall after inspection, AT LEAST 2.5 hr labor if they are real fast.), the hub tightening job is about 15 minutes. How much labor did they charge?
No idea what they did -- only know it didn't work well. Latest try was to use 2 pennies (??) and some 'magic' grease from Yamaha. (I ended up calling Yamaha myself to get THAT suggestion). Surprisingly, that seemed to quiet the 'golf balls.' Since the place that sold me the dog of a cart was picking up the charges, I don't know what they did or what they charged.

Latest problem -- which appeared two days after I got it back, is a tremendous whine and a strange smell. I've given up and have sent the cart to another fixer in hopes the originals were just not terribly knowledgeable and didn't want to invest a bunch of time and money in a cart that had already gotten rid of to a sucker.

This is our first golf cart and we don't know a heck of a lot about them. We're learning, but it is turning out to be a painful experience. I think when this problem is solved, we'll sell the cart or trade it in on a different one. Since we're now a one vehicle family, we can't have it in the shop every third day.

Thanks for your help, everyone.
sutclifc is offline   Reply With Quote