View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 09:09 AM   #15
DHTN
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Rhox 7" lift installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhnmflr View Post
Well I wanted to get the Jakes long travel but it did not fit let time frame I needed it in. I ended up with a Rhox which I bought from Jasons golf carts, one of the sponsors here. Install was easy, no fitment issues. I ended up doing some fab work to get the Jakes from disc set to work on it. overall I am please. Ride is 100% better than my previous concoction of a lift. i do wish camber was easier to adjust and wish there was a caster adjustment. The kit runs negative caster. I aligned it on my alignment machine at work to 1/8 toe in, .25 negative camber and caster is -1.25 on both sides. Drive good at speed ( 25 MPH) and it sits 18.5" to the bottom of the floorboard. I ended up taking the coils off the rear coil over shocks on the rear and took out the middle leaf spring on my HD rear leafs. The ride is much better in the rear now. Two problems, the rear end squats under load off road and the front lifts much easier than before. I may either add some spring back in the rear or try to go to a softer spring rate in the front. I can not mount my winch to the front now. Jasons shipped fast! Overall not a bad lift.

I just installed this same Rhox 7" lift on my 2005 TXT. Build quality seems great and looks good also! My cart has the stock leaf springs in the rear with spring lift brackets. The ride is super stiff for me also, I've dropped tire pressure down to 10-15 which helped a little but I'm wondering if anyone has a source for softer coil springs and leaf springs? I got the front coil specs from Rhox support and sent it to Hygear Suspension but they want me to ship in my coilovers to them which I'd rather not do if I have a choice. For leafs in the rear - are there replacement springs that provide a softer ride/more travel?
DHTN is offline   Reply With Quote