View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 08:16 AM   #7
inmanlanier
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Speed up Club Car Precedent

I'm in the same situation as the OP, jcl7450. From what I have read the stock GE motors are marginal if you try and go faster. I'm lucky in that right outside my neighborhood is a shop called Reliable. They specialize in mods and upgrades and have been doing speed mods for over 20 years. It's family owned and run - they are very good people. They prefer Navitas controllers, however when I mentioned my desires - they also said that my stock motor will not hold up long term with a 300A controller.

They then pointed out that they could do a motor only that would get me 26 maybe 27 mph with a slight gain in torque keeping the Club Car controller. We also swapped the battery leads from 6 Ga to 4 Ga. welding cable. Sure enough, that afternoon I dropped it off and the next afternoon I cruised home at 27 mph. With my wife and grandchild, 25 mph. We're pleased with the nominal torque gain (although we were happy with stock).

So all know - there are motors out there that give you good speed and torque with the factory Club Car controller.
inmanlanier is offline   Reply With Quote