View Single Post
Old 03-25-2023, 09:05 PM   #37
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2004 TXT hard start

I think the intake valves are the problem. I also don't like the way the camshaft looks. This engine is the MCI and its been into before. MCI's didn't have this type screw adjuster.

I know it don't take much to trash one of these cylinder heads where the camshaft runs and even the camshaft itself. Even though we were told the oiling system was supposed to be better on the MCI I got my doubts if they actually made it better. These engines sure don't like being overheated and run hard. By crushing the governor spring you risk just that.

I wonder what the oil pressure is when hot ? It should shoot a straight line from one end of the head to the other if its good. You can remove oil fill plug and just lightly tap gas pedal for a split second and you will see how good oil pressure is. Don't get oil on you

I would remove the engine and then take the cylinder head off. I do think you will see the intakes sunk in head. At least from looking from my end it looks that way.

I can have one of these engines sitting on my workbench much faster than I could try and remove the head with engine still in cart. Believe me I have tried both ways.
I know CP241 will agree with that. He and I both know the history of the wonderful MCI
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote