View Single Post
Old 03-25-2023, 08:33 PM   #36
parks531
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2004 TXT hard start

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I agree trig. 180 does sound high especially if the other is 165. Maybe a lot of carbon buildup in the exhaust port behind the valve?

Assuming all the valves are .004 the intake valves do show that they needed more adjustment than the exhaust valves to get there. Not that they’re big red flag wow excessive, but definitely different.

At this point, you’ve pretty much checked everything external that you can. If it’s been run as hard as you say with a ton of hours on it, may be time to take it apart and see what’s cookin inside of it.

Be worth checking the timing belt marks and make sure it isn’t stretched or skipped a tooth. But I suspect whatever is going on is wear internally… either worn valves, or heavy carbon buildup
I'll redo the compression test just to verify for certain

Valve's were set to .004 2 weeks ago

It most definitely has had some run time on her, the guy purchased it from used it for many hours a day along with his kids. I use it 6+ hours a weekend for 7 months out of the year at a campground.

I have a timing belt , head gasket and valves and seals ordered. Something I can get to come a rainy weekend. How do I get access to torque specs etc? Thanks CP241
parks531 is offline   Reply With Quote