View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 08:36 AM   #52
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: CT Rebuild 375 (295) Robin Engine Won’t Run

Their add indicates they have a 6 Month Warranty on their engines. Have you brought this up? Is their warranty just blowing smoke?

The odd thing with the compression on this engine is that we don't know what it should actually be. It is a "375". Not sure if the 375 is CC, or just a motor designation for their re-worked 295. My understanding is that it is a 295cc engine bored for a 350 piston, and some head or block work. To get it to 13 HP, it either needs to have more displacement, better flow, or higher compression. CT should be able to tell you what "normal" compression is for this engine...but I don't think you can consider stock engine compression as "normal" as we aren't talking about stock piston size or stroke, and we don't know what was done to block or head, but I can't imagine anything lower than normal stock compression would be good. I would expect higher compression. I would be nice to know exactly what they do to the 295 so we can figure out what the compression should be.

The oil leaks look like "red" oil, similar to the assembly oil I use. I wonder if its leaking seals or if its just sloppy work.

Hope the new flywheel takes care of your issue.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote