View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 12:57 PM   #1
yamahag9er
Fry's Golf Carts

Club Car

Default 2004 Precedent dead

I drove my cart up to the house the other night and everything was fine. I jumped on it the next morning to run it out to the shop and nothing. No solenoid click or anything. It is completely dead.
This cart has the 4 - 12 volt batteries in it that are less then a year old and overall pack voltage is reading 49.5 volts. Hooked up my Curtis hand held computer and checked the fault codes and all I am getting is an HW Failsafe code. I know the HW failsafe is basically the controller shutting down because of an issue. I just cant figure out what that issue is. It is also showing 0.0 volts on the hand held which is something I have not run across before. Usually I see some sort of voltage on that. Typically pack voltage.
I installed a new solenoid, controller, and bypassed/reset the OBC and nothing.
Checked ignition, FnR switch, run tow switch, and MCOR and everything checked O.K.
Ohmed out motor and everything checked good.
I have all of the correct readings that you are supposed to have at the 16 pin connector at the controller.
Anyone have any ideas because I don't know what else to check. It acts like the OBC is locked out but everything seems to check out. Tempted to eliminate it all together because I don't run a stock charger anymore on it anyways.
Thoughts?
yamahag9er is offline   Reply With Quote