View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 12:21 PM   #33
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: Need help 2011 par car summit

We're bringing the information back from the PM into the normal thread to share with everyone else.

Received the controller and it tested normal. Surprisingly, it's a 2011 controller, programmed 10/6/2011 with only 59 hours on it.

The controller is programmed to go 80% of top speed (cart is a non-LSV) which would be about 19mph. Also programmed for the HD motor with speed encoder, which photos show the cart has, and programmed for the pot box, which is correct in the 2004 Summit. By all rights, this cart should be going normal speeds.

About the only other issue I could see could be a potentially faulty potbox not fully going 0-5k, but that should have already been measured with an ohmeter.

With that, I will wait for Josh's reply to see which way to take this before shipping the controller back.

The unknown is that he can't locate the 10k resistor in the speed encoder circuit. Without it the speed encoder doesn't have reference and the controller will default to slow limp mode speeds. My suggestion is to turn off the speed probe in the controller program (and leave the other HD motor settings alone) and try it out. Having the speed encoder won't affect the overall operation of the vehicle other than perhaps get it back to normal speeds if that circuit has an issue. If it doesn't change anything, it won't matter and will still have no adverse affect and can be left off.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote