View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 11:21 AM   #1
prosa69
Not Yet Wild

Default club car tempo/onward gas lift kit rear blocks Panhard Bar

I have a 2020 Club Car Tempo Gas. This rear Panhard bar is only on the gas models. I installed the lift kit on it and all went smooth until the Rear Panhard Bar/Swing arm bar will not align to reinstall. The angle of the Panhard bar pulls away since the angle is to steep on the bar. I need to get it more flat like before so the angle is less and can reinstall.
Here is what I thought about doing.

Having a New Panhard bar made with heim joints so its adjustable. Only thing is the angle of the bar will still be the same and not sure if it will try to push the axle over when going over larger bumps.

Welding onto the arm a new plate so I can mount it up higher so less of an angle.

Lastly just buying another plate from Club Car "47583665001 Bracket, U-bolt, with Panhard Mount, Passenger-side" cutting off the angled part for the brake cable and mounting it on the top of the leaf spring. That will put me only the thickness of the one leaf spring higher then the original setup.

If anyone has run into this issue let me know what you did to fix. I looked at a factory lifted club car and they put the axle on the top of the leaf springs. The aftermarket lift kits move the axle to under the leaf spring causing the bottom plate to be much further angle then on top.
prosa69 is offline   Reply With Quote