View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 06:56 PM   #1
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Default New Club Car engine

My new engine that is, and I'm rather anxious but have a few questions too. For those who "big blocked" your carts, you all went with a "Vortec 8100" all out HO engine, I opted for the 4800 V8, smaller but still offers enough kick. Now, for those with their "8100s," how did you go about hooking up the fuel pump vaccuum line? Did you have to tap the block and make your own mount or was there a place? I'm looking to retain my airbox configuration, and I'm wondering if my air hose will fit the carb. Of course I'll be taking off the stock muffler and air filter, for permanent use I want the stock air box, and I *think* the stock muffler will work too. Another question for you is this: How do I redo all my throttle linkages? And can I just let the governor on the engine keep it at 3600 instead of using the one off the transaxle? And one last question if you even made it this far LOL, about how long did it take you to get your old engine out, the new one in, and everthing hooked back up and working? Thanks!!!
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote