View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 07:12 AM   #8
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

Default Re: 4-12 volt Battery Pack Run Times compared to 6 8 volt

Quote:
Thanks Phasetim.
In your opinion what is the equivalent on your discharge machine to real world? Are you drawing them down to 50% or all the way? Also for example you show 90 minutes on a 12 volt battery and 140 minutes on an 8 volt battery. Based on that the 8 volt pack should last 36% longer then the 12 volt pack with fresh batteries. So if I can go for over 2 hours and 15 minutes like today and still have some left over after normal driving on a 4-12 volt pack someone with a 6-8 volt pack should go almost 3 hours. It will be interesting to see how other 6-8 volt packs do in real world. That is quite a big gain for sure!
The machine takes it down to something like 46 volts. It is a hard stress test. The 6 8vs do real well. If someone really wants gain go to 8 6vs.

Quote:
This surprises me. Im new to the cart world, but I know in the automotive world, Exide really has a lower reputation or reliability factor.
Thats it. my 2 cents worth
Our company is 50 years old, and for the last 30 of them we have used primarily exide batteries. I pull 6 and 7 year old sets of trojans and exides out at the same rate, and the same year discharge times are extremely comparable. I do feel that trojan is a slightly better battery, if nothing else for the increased warranty. 18 months instead of 12 months.
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote