View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 10:20 PM   #8
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Controller Bypass

I don't know of any controller that will handle this. I have talked with a bunch of people about this. Just as the orignal statement about the Logistic controller want handle it. Mine is a 950 amp controller. It doesn't do the same as with the Bypass. The pictures Video tell that story!
The Altrax I have been using is a 450 amp and it runs the Bypass fine with no problems it's the same controller I first installed in the Mud Buggie back in 1995.
Every connection that the juice flows through takes a bit away from the end result. The less connections components you run through on the system the more power you deliver to the motor. In turn means more torque and speed in a hurry to get the 1/8 mile times I want.

Quote:
TDAWG,
I am glad that you have your safety precautions in place. I just dont think that this method should be promoted to the average carter that wants to get into drag racing. In the wrong hands, it could be bad.
I guess we shouldn't promote running anything over 48 volts then either to the average carter to drag race.
Quote:
TDAWG,
In the wrong hands, it could be bad.
That is why we come here to learn and see what the guy's that do try stuff are getting done. This is why Im posting this info. So people will know what is going on and make there own decission on what they want to do with there cart. If like me once they start it keeps moving up in speed and voltage to what all of us have to decide is our limit. Mine has been 72 volts now 1995 at the second Bonanza. This is my comfort voltage.
I can't speak for everyone but only give info on what I have learned by trying something you are anyone else dares not to.
I'm not a police man of drag racing. I'm a racer that likes to try things and see what happens.