View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 02:30 AM   #3
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Question Re: Controller Bypass

Quote:
TDAWG,
Ok I guess you got me. A by-pass makes for a cool wheelie at the starting line. If it was a contest to see who could have the coolest wheelie then by-pass would be the way to go....Mabye. But it is not a wheelie contest, it is a 660' quickest time contest. Also by the way, no cage required unless under 9.99 secs.
BYPASS:
The cart ran 60MPH @ 10.7 seconds doing that wheelie that day. That's with 24" tall tires on it. Without the bypass that day it ran 55mph and the wheels never even started to come up. You can say what you want. The wheelie part of it shows the torque at take off with the Bypass. The reason for the bars on back. Without the bypass it want even come close to the same amount of torque. Who cares about the cool factor. Safety is what I'm looking for here. That was my son on the cart and my daughter in the video's. I'm not going to let them on a cart if I don't think it's safe. That's why I turned it off at the end of the day because it stuck on him. Again safet is #1.
I even drove it twice in Union the other week before I let Andrea drive it since it hadn't been rode all winter. To make sure it all performed as it should.

CAGE:
What does not required mean? Who's rules? It doesn't matter if it's required or not. The safety aspect is what I'm talking about. You bring something up and now say it's not required. The wreck you speak of was a 3 wheelier with no cage on 72volts. I guess it doesn't matter to you but it does to me.
Safety is #1 in my personal opinion, not being cool!
Here is the cart that wrecked. These are the only pictures I know of. If it had a cage on it when he wrecked he did it since August of last year.
He is a personal friend of mine. I have know his son since high school. We graduted together and have worked for Duke Energy for 30 + years together. In fact I talked to Danny today about his dad.