View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 12:42 AM   #2
TDAWG
Gone Wild

Default Re: Controller Bypass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
OK,
who here that drag races or for that matter ever has ran a controller By pass?
I have it hooked up to my 72 volt dragster and YES it does make a differance! A noticable differance as the pictures prove.

So what does everyone think?
I think using it under the right conditions it's safe. If you are racing it's a learning curve to get the edge out of the cart.
Just as running a 72 volt golf cart on a dragstrip without a rollcage is not
the smartest thing to do. It's been done though! That doesn't mean it's the wrong way.
So what do you all think?

With the Bypass at the starting line:

At the end of this day I had cut it off because it had stuck and I didn't have any back up on the cart at the time. Now I have 2 emergency shut off's on board.
First one is here. If it sticks you pull the handle. Cuts flow off from #5 battery to # 6 battery circuit is cut no juice flowing.

If that doesn't do it then there is the second one.

Without the Bypass.
The front doesn't even try to come off the ground.
Check this out. Andrea driving it for the first time ever that night. I wouldn't let her drive it with the bypass until she had a few passes under her belt.

http://www.youtube.com/v/t71oQe9BVmM?hl=en&fs=1
Ok I guess you got me. A by-pass makes for a cool wheelie at the starting line. If it was a contest to see who could have the coolest wheelie then by-pass would be the way to go....Mabye. But it is not a wheelie contest, it is a 660' quickest time contest. Also by the way, no cage required unless under 9.99 secs.