View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 01:23 PM   #3
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2008 Precedent Electric

If you want to increase tire diameter and tire width you will need a corrosponding lift to give you the needed additional clearance which depends on added diameter of tires. A Jakes spindle lift of 3" would be a good pick that wont make your cart top heavy and should give you clearance for 20" tires or possibly larger? If you want go as high as a 6" lift I would go with Jakes Long Travel. Both are the best available in my opinion. I would check with Jakes about correct tire size for each of their lifts.
Any change from stock cart will put more of a load on motor and controls, so again the amount of change will depend on how much? Larger diameter tires will cut the torque developed by motor but increase speed slightly after getting up to speed. Changing gear ratio is a major job that many dont feel qualified to do without special tools required.
A motor change often requires changing solid state controller and related parts so it can be very expensive overall. Many late model owners do spend the money ( VARIES WITH DEALERS ) to have codes changed on controller to increase speed.
I would spend the time and compare costs of each way to achive what you want your cart to do?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote