View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 01:43 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 295 robin pulsar coil question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfenceguy View Post
Pre mci. Unsure of the exact year because of the condition of the cart. Tags and serial numbers are gone or unreadable after years of sitting outside and being used on a horse farm to feed. All of the motor is still in place. We were trying to get everything in spec before addressing the no spark condition but ran into a road block on the pulsar coil readings. From researching the forums it looks like the .1 volt AC is common but nobody posted a fix. I don't think anything is missing, but I thought I'd ask the experts who have been down this road before. Ezgo no spark search brings up about a month of reading
Gotcha.

Next to the battery there should be a vertical plate with the solenoid, ignitor, etc. mounted to it. For giggles, I would try and run a jumper wire directly from that metal plate to the negative battery post and see if that helps. I know my TXT (And I'm sure mine isn't the only one) developed rust and corrosion between the plate and the body where it's mounted, so the ignitor loses it's ground, or at least has a really poor ground. I ran a jumper, and it came to life. So I just cleaned it the best I could with a wire wheel, and when I bolted it back into place I ran an extra wire from the negative battery terminal directly to that plate so it would never lose ground again :)

I don't recall for sure (it's been a while since I owned a pre-mci) but I know my workhorse, the pickup for the coil was actually part of the cooling fan. So if the cooling fan was not mounted, the pickup coil has nothing to read.

I've not heard of many ignitors failing on the robins motor, unless someone hooks a battery up backwards or something. Most of the time you'll find it's either a bad ground somewhere, or the ignition coil. I don't know that i've ever heard of the pickup going bad, I would rule that out and look elsewhere. Especially since you've tried a few of them with the exact same result.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote